Review: Soap & Glory Arch De Triumph

August 17, 2012

Now you may be looking at this thinking... hang on, I don't remember you getting this in the cosmetics prize? Well you'd be right there, I didn't receive this, along with a few other products. I didn't want to do a whole another post but basically, I realised that Soap & Glory hadn't sent their entire cosmetics range as they stated in their terms and conditions. After emailing, I received the rest of the range, which included this. I realise that this seems terribly rude - I mean, who am I to complain about products being sent to me for free? However I really didn't want to complain, and I hope this came across in the emails. Anyway, I was desperate to try this and was thrilled to receive it - so what do I think?


This has to be the cleverest pun from Soap & Glory, anyone agree? It never fails to make me smile! The packaging is particularly impressive, they've put some real effort into this one and it shows. On the reverse it details how to use the crayon, along with a helpful guide to getting the perfect arch to your brows. The pencil itself is surprisingly large, with a brow shaper on one end and a highlighter on the other. I did worry that sharpening it would be near impossible, but with one of those sharpeners with a larger barrel it fits perfectly. Click here to see an example of what I'm talking about - but please don't pay that much for one, you can pick one up for 99p at a stationers! It sharpens well and to a sharp point.


Soap & Glory define the shade of the brow shaper as "taupe" and this is pretty accurate - it would suit almost everyone, from blonde to brunettes depending on how much you layer it on. I have dark brown hair and so layer it on quite a lot, and I have to admit that it's still not quite dark enough for me. It is a perfect match to my natural eyebrow colour, but seeing as my natural eyebrow colour is a dirty blonde, it doesn't really work with my hair! However, despite layering it so much, it never looks drawn on - which is extremely impressive! It also blends very nicely, if you want to make it stretch that little bit further or you're blending it with powder, for example. The swatch below is with two strokes of the pencil.


The highlighter is pretty much a new concept to me - at least in crayon form. Soap & Glory suggest using this under the arch in your brow to lift and define - they claim it improves the appearance of the arch. Now it did feel a bit weird to be drawing on the skin under the arch of my brow, however I needn't have worried - the pencil is much creamier than the brow shaper, and is a gorgeous pale pink/cream with just a hint of shimmer. I blend it in using a brush - I find using my finger isn't quite as good - and it blends in beautifully. Believe it or not I do find that it makes a difference and it really finishes your brows off!

Final verdict: A fantastic little pencil set that really helps to define and highlight your brows. You would be hard pushed to find a more natural looking eyebrow pencil colour.

Arch De Triumph can be found in Boots for £8.

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I have always wanted to try a pencil like this... I have never tried a highlighting pencil because I didn't know if it would make that much of a difference. I might have to try one of these out after reading this x

    new follower!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have bought one off the bat but now that I have one, it's a really nice thing to have! Thank you so much for following! x

      Delete