Review: TRESemme Split Remedy Intense Recovery Masque and Leave-In Treatment

July 04, 2012

My hair is full of split ends and to be honest, desperate for a cut so when I spotted these in Boots I simply had to purchase! The whole TRESemme range was on a "2 for £5" offer, which made these two products excellent value for money. I hadn't heard of the range before and these were bought totally on a whim. They claim that a 80% reduction in split ends will be seen with just after three uses, and that the products actually repair them; very bold claims to come from a high street brand.


This is a fairly new range from TRESemme, and along with the masque and the treatment it also includes a shampoo, conditioner and serum. I have to be honest and say that I don't care much for the shampoo and conditioner - I use their colour safe shampoo and various brands of conditioner and can't imagine that they add much to the results. Seeing as the masque is the most intense product of the five, it made sense to purchase it over the regular conditioner. The leave-in treatment is a type of product I have never tried before and it intrigued me. After blow drying and straightening my hair, my split ends look worse than ever and this seemed perfect for conditioning them and improving their overall appearance.


Both of these products smell lovely, it's a very recognisable "salon" scent that is almost fruity and very fresh. The masque is very thick and creamy and is to be used on damp (not wet) hair. The tub suggests to leave it on for three minutes, which is perfectly reasonable and as to be expected. The treatment is to be used after washing/conditioning your hair and can be used before or after blow drying. The formula of this is quite runny, but when rubbed between the palms of your hands it is easy to smooth through your hair and doesn't drip.


I've been applying the masque once a week for about a month, so four times overall. I imagine you could use it a few times per week and see better results, but to be honest I'm lazy and wanted to blog about any improvements after three uses! I have to admit that I was sceptical about their claims about the masque, and after three uses I can't say that I haven't seen the promised results to quite the extent that is claimed. My split ends have improved in appearance and feel that they are in better condition, but a reduction of 80%? Not even close I'm afraid. That being said though, TRESemme do say that with regular, continued use that these results will get better and better, so I'm definitely going to continue using it to see if this is the case.


The leave-in treatment is a whole different kettle of fish and one product that I really am very impressed with! Again, on the "repairing split ends" front I can't see that much of an improvement but their other claims about this product - "noticeably smooth and effortlessly manageable hair" I 100% agree with. After blow drying, the ends of my hair are much softer than usual and seem much more tamed. A strange but very welcome side effect that this product has given me is that my hair dries much straighter and a bit quicker - meaning that I no longer have to straighten my hair afterwards! This of course is causing less damage to my hair and therefore is helping in improving its condition and appearance. Needless to say that this has now become a daily staple and I'm not really sure how I managed without it before!

Final verdict: Two products that don't quite live up to their claims but deliver promising results after a few uses. I recommend using them regularly for a good few weeks to see some really noticeable results. 

Both the masque and the leave-in treatment are £5.69 each from Boots.

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. I always find that any product like this can't live up to it's claims. 80% reduction is a pretty bold statement to make - I don't see why they don't just make it a more realistic figure! It's good that it is actually working though, I'm starting to get split ends again now so I'll check this out for such a good price!

    Alice


    http://SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I've really enjoyed using these products but like I said, was very sceptical about their claims. Great! I would still recommend these and can only hope that the results get better over time - and even if they don't, for effectively £2.50 each I can't really complain! x

      Delete
  2. I just got a sample of these with my asos delivery... really looking forward to try them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth a shot! x

      Delete
  3. To be honest I found this actually did live up to expectations for me; I think it depends on just how many split ends you have to begin with. I absolutely adore this and the serum (although not the leave-in treatment, the other one, can't remember it's proper name) This, and the keratin smooth masque, are the only treatments I've ever used that actually work and tame my hair. they're brilliant!!

    Also, I know this is like 2 years too late for commenting, but I came across and I felt like it .. I'm bored haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Leave-In Treatment, tempted to try something from their newer ranges now! x

      Delete