Review: Tools That Assist Pointed Tweezers

May 15, 2012

These were a spur-of-the-moment purchase from TKMaxx on Bank Holiday Monday. I've been intending to get some new tweezers for a while so when I spotted these, I snapped them up!


I thought they were exactly what I needed - big, easy to grip handles, pointed tip and decent quality. However I have to admit that I'm unimpressed with these; so much so that they're going to be taken back to the shop!


They come with a little plastic "cup" to go over the pointed ends. This seemed like a good idea but it has a tendency to pop off at any moment - not good when you want to throw them in your bag! The ends are quite sharp and would probably hurt a lot if you caught your hand on them.


The big handles that I was impressed with to begin with soon turned into a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Because they're so big, it's impossible to direct where the tweezers are going with any sort of ease - not good when trying to grab that one stray hair! I can't complain about the pointed tip however, they grip well when they do eventually manage to get to a hair.


I also struggled with how hard I had to push to get the tweezers to grip; with my usual pair it barely takes any effort and I really had to think about it with these. Considering that they say on the packaging "Requires less pressure" I was unpleasantly surprised at this!

Final verdict: Quite frankly, a waste of money! Hard to use and too big to work with any precision. Might be suitable for longer hairs but definitely not recommended for eyebrow use.

The tweezers were bought from TKMaxx for £3.00.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment