Review: MUA Lipstick in Shade 6

May 17, 2012

I was having a stressful day at work recently, and was in desperate need of something to cheer me up! There's a Superdrug where I work so I popped in to have a browse through their (admittedly sparse) MUA stand. 5 minutes and a lot of swatching with one of the shop assistants later, I left with a smile on my face and clutching this lipstick.


The packaging is certainly pleasing enough, it's hard to offend with black and silver I think! For such a cheap make up brand they could so easily have made the product look tacky but by sticking to classic shades, it hits the spot just right. The shade is easily identifiable at the bottom of the tube - which can pop off to reveal a extra little bit of product! You're really getting more than your moneys worth with MUA's lipsticks.


The shade I picked is a shimmery, dusky pink; and whilst it doesn't look like much in the tube, when on the lips it is a lovely, rich colour. It is quite moisturising, and even on my dry lips it barely clung to them at all. It is quite highly pigmented, what you see below is with one swipe of the lipstick - pretty impressive, eh? It also glides on smoothly and I think this would flatter most skin tones.


My only gripe, and this is me being picky to be honest, is that it doesn't wear for as long as I would like. When it does fade it does it well and doesn't look too shabby, but for a finished look it does need to be reapplied every couple of hours or so.

Final verdict: A good all round lipstick that is hard to beat for such a small price tag. Worth picking up some more in a few different shades - which is certainly what I'll be doing!

MUA Lipsticks are available for £1 from selected Superdrug stores; a list of which can be found here.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment