Week in Instagram #100: Bruges Edition

March 27, 2014



What a milestone number for the Bruges edition of my "Week in Instagram" post to fall on! I couldn't have timed it any better, really. You will notice that it is not Sunday, and a lot of you will have probably seen these pictures before (I did a mass upload yesterday), but I figured that there had to be a few of you that don't follow me on Instagram! I have sorted these into chronological order, as I uploaded them out of sync. In short, I had a fantastic time in Bruges. It's a beautiful, charming city, full of little nooks and crannies to be explored and one day in the not so distant future I intend on going back there. I will be writing about my little trip in full (I'm thinking of splitting my thoughts and pictures into three posts, because doing it in one would render you guys blind), but for now here's a brief overview of what I got up to.

Arriving at the terminal in Hull, which was looking very grey, wet and miserable; however, by the time we set sail, the skies were clearing and the sea was very calm; me and Martin on the deck of the ship; another P&O ferry as we left for Zeebrugge; a pile of cameras as we settled into one of the bars for the evening; on arrival into Belgium, I noticed that they're a big fan of wind turbines as I spotted loads!; many bottles of a particularly interesting beer - Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel at the Halve Maan Brewery; the view of The Church of Our Lady from the top of the Halve Maan Brewery; a glass of Bruges Zot Unfiltered ended the brewery tour on a high note; the Belfort, which is 83m tall; The Three Musketeers; me and J climbed 366 very steep, narrow steps to the top of the Belfort; the view from the top was well worth the climb; it was a very clear day so we could see a very long way; proof that me and J made it all the way to the top!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. It looks like you had a great time. I want to visit one day, the in-laws loved it and now that I know there is a brewery there with our surname it would be rude not to go! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go one day - it's a great city to visit! x

      Delete