OOTD: A day trip to York

March 14, 2014

UK fashion blogger Leeds OOTD outfit of the day
UK fashion blogger Leeds OOTD outfit of the day
[bxA]
UK fashion blogger Leeds OOTD outfit of the day
UK fashion blogger Leeds OOTD outfit of the day
UK fashion blogger Leeds OOTD outfit of the day

Jacket - H&M (Similar here)
Jumper - Primark
Jeans - Gap
Scarf - Primark
Bag - Primark
Boots - George at Asda
Necklace - Primark

Looking back at this outfit, there's two things that I've realised about myself. The first is that I wear a lot of black, and second is that I wear a lot of items from Primark. Neither of which I don't think are necessarily bad, but it's curious to me how I notice them when looking at pictures of myself.

Last Saturday, I went to York for the day with Martin and his family. There was no real reason to go, but Martin's folks did kill two birds with one stone by parking at the York Designer Outlet, and we all hopped on a Park & Ride bus to the city centre - which was surprisingly cheap, if you were wondering! The weather was a bit of a mixed bag, it started off quite cool then warmed up a bit later, so by the end of the day I was feeling a bit warm thanks to all the layers! As usual, this is quite a simple, every-day outfit.

The jacket was one that I'd had my eye on from a few months ago, but I've only worn it a handful of times thanks to England's cold, wet weather. I deliberately bought it a size smaller than I usually would, because I don't like to wear jackets like these done up; with my usual size, they always seem to run a bit big in the arms and waist/hips. The jumper was actually an emergency purchase a couple of months ago (I was at Martin's, had packed no decent clothes and he made plans for us to meet a friend) - I believe I bought it for £5 in the sale, and it's become one of my favourite jumpers! I do have to wear a vest underneath as it is a bit see through, but I love the pattern and the feel of the fabric. The jeans I've had for the longest time, nearly three years in fact, and sadly they're coming to the end of their life as they're wearing thin in certain patches. I have to be careful with how often I wear them now! The boots are my staple shoe nowadays, they're so easy to slip on and go with pretty much anything. They're a standard chelsea boot, so a similar style should be pretty easy to find on the high street. The bag, scarf and necklace are a mixture of new and old purchases; the bag is about a year old now I think, and has lasted extremely well considering that it was only £6! It's just the right size for me to fit my Canon 400D into and everything else I need. The scarf and necklace are fairly new, so should both be still available to buy in store.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. That jacket is lovely! Plus, that necklace is amazing - I definitely need one like that!

    Faith x

    www.musicandeyeliner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete