Last minute gift: Neal's Yard Remedies Herbal Organic Bathing Collection

December 17, 2013

Let's admit it, we've all been there. Those occasions that we sometimes forget about, like birthdays and anniversaries, can send you into blind waves of panic. Now that we're creeping up to one week before Christmas(!), I would say that by now, if you are missing a gift for someone, you need to get a move on sharpish! Many online retailers' last posting dates are within the next day or two, so going out to an actual shop and buying something seems to be one of the last options left. If you have a lady in your life that you have yet to buy a gift for, may I suggest this adorable little set from Neal's Yard Remedies?

Neal's Yard Remedies Herbal Organic Bathing Collection

I went to the blogger event at the Neal's Yard store in Leeds last month (Click here to read), where I was very kindly given this set to try. As you can see, this would make a great gift for any woman who gets a bit stressed from time-to-time - which is pretty much every woman, I think you'll agree! This set contains two foaming baths; 'Seaweed & Arnica' and 'Aromatic', which are both 100ml each. Each of these should last the recipient for a good few bathing sessions to really get a feel for the products - there's nothing worse than a tiny product that you can only use once! The bottles are beautifully yet simply packaged in a fold-out cardboard outer, which not only looks nice but is kind to the environment too.

Neal's Yard Remedies Herbal Organic Bathing Collection

Unfortunately, I don't actually have a bath of my own, just a shower so I decided to try these in two ways. One was a shower gel, and the second wash as a foot soak. As a shower gel, these worked surprisingly well. They foamed up beautifully, without a need for a lot of product and left a light scent on my skin once I had washed it away. They also worked well as a foot soak; I filled a bowl with hot water and added in a small amount of the 'Seaweed & Arnica', and it really helped to soothe my aching feet after a day at work. It's not something that I do every day, maybe once a week but it's a lovely treat - it's nice to spoil yourself once in a while! These can be used quite sparingly; I still have more than half of each bottle left.

Neal's Yard Remedies Herbal Organic Bathing Collection

When I first smelt the 'Seaweed & Arnica', I have to admit that I did screw my nose up at it. The seaweed was very apparent and I wasn't sure that I would find using it a pleasurable experience. However, once it was added to water, the scent softened quite a bit and the arnica really came through. This also contained lemon, pine, juniper and lavender essential oils, making it a unusual, yet pleasant product to use. As for the 'Aromatic' foaming bath, I fell in love with the scent straight away. Despite not being a fan of lavender, it's primary scent, when mixed with the spanish marjoram and geranium essential oils it creates a beautiful, relaxing scent that you could keep smelling all day. As a duo, these compliment each other very nicely and I would be surprised if any woman wasn't pleased to see these under the tree on Christmas Day!

Neal's Yard Remedies Herbal Organic Bathing Collection* is available both online and in store for £13.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment