Review: Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast

September 17, 2013

Now that the colder months are approaching (Summer was nice, but let's be honest it lasted for about five minutes), it's time to dig out my hardest working products and prepare to use them to full advantage. At the Leeds Meet Up I found this in my goody bag, and I started putting it use straight away. It does appear to be more of a summer product but I promise you... once you've started using this on your lips, you won't want to use much else! Let me explain...

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast review photo

I've review a Blistex lip balm before, specifically their Lip Brilliance here. So, when I realised I had another lip balm from their range, I was chomping at the bit to give it a go. One thing I didn't mention/realise at the time was that the Lip Brilliance is formulated with both mineral oil and petrolatum - two ingredients that I'm trying to avoid using. They're simply not necessary and better ingredients can be used. This has been proven with this lip balm as it contains neither one - and is all the better for it! Sure, it probably contains a whole host of other ingredients that probably aren't that good for you, but missing those two out is a big bonus in my eyes.

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast review photo

The ingredients talk doesn't end there, oh no - this little tube of balm boasts the use of such products like coconut oil and jojoba to moisturise the lips, and antioxidant vitamins C & E for protection. Like the Lip Brilliance, this also contains SPF15, making it suitable for you to use in sunnier climates and also makes it easy to incorporate into your daily routine, too. When I opened the tube for the first time, due to the name I had to give it a sniff and oh, wow - this smells absolutely incredible! I knew that a combination of raspberry and lemonade was going to be a good one, and I wasn't disappointed. This smells so juicy and fresh, not synthetic in the slightest and almost good enough to eat. What I was not expecting however was the scent to translate into a flavour - most balms smell good but taste of pretty much nothing. I know you're not meant to eat it, but you will inevitably end up licking your lips every once in a while. I'm pleased to say that this tastes as good as it smells - sweet and fruity, and definitely like raspberry lemonade!

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast review photo

I've been using this every day since I received it, and whilst I don't think it delivers a huge amount of moisture, it definitely keeps my lips from getting chapped and dry without the use of petrolatum. It's not a cure for dryness but should be used as a prevention - daily use should keep your lips happy. This does apply clear and, with no feeling of stickiness, provides a great base for a lipstick or something similar. Lasting time is as you'd expect; if you refrain from licking the delicious flavour from your lips you can expect it to last up to an hour before it naturally wears away. However, topping it up throughout the day is easy with no hassle, so this is a good one for popping into your bag of you're going to be out for the whole day.

Final verdict: If you like a lip balm with a little extra something, you'll love this. Cheap, cheerful and it works - what more could you ask for?

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast* can be bought from Boots for £1.75.

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I literally can't stop using mine! It's firmly always in my pocket/bag! And so tasty like you said! I think I'm going to have to replace it in a matter of weeks :)
    Katie xx

    curledfantasies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here... it's a staple product for me now! xx

      Delete