Review: Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder

August 13, 2013

A bit of a different review today... not a beauty item, but a practical one! I wasn't sure whether to review it, but I have used it every single day since I got it so I figured it had to be worth letting you guys know about it. It also took me a while to find a product of this nature so you never know... this review might help someone somewhere - as it was I came across this by chance!

Burts Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder review swatch photo

Burt's Bees is a brand I'm familiar with, despite not owning any of their products (Martin owns their Muscle Balm though). Claiming to be an "Earth Friendly, Natural Personal Care Company", their products are created from the best nature has to offer, which among others includes beeswax, herbs and essential oils. With this in mind, this powder is 99.62% natural and 100% talc-free. Without going into too much detail, talc is a suspected carcinogen and has the potential to create irritations if inhaled, leading to the possible development of nasal and lung tumours. Therefore, this may be something to consider if you plan on using this on your baby (as is intended).

Burts Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder review swatch photo

What made me buy this was the first listed ingredient, corn starch - this is a highly absorbent substance that absorbs both moisture and oils. This and the other natural ingredients make it more expensive than your regular talcum powder but I think that it is worth every penny. That being said it does look and feel like your regular talc when shaken out of the bottle; the only thing that gives it away is the scent. It smells exactly like apricots, which personally I love but I can see it not being to everyone's taste. It's a soft, comforting scent that also makes it perfect for use before bed time to help you wind down. The powder is dispensed via a sifter which works just as you would expect; twist the top and shake out. However, if turned fully it does dispense a bit too much, so I only half-turn the top to get just the right amount.

Burts Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder review swatch photo

I use this every morning and night after having a shower and it leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean and comfortable. The powder does come out white, but disappears into the skin when rubbed in - just make sure you wipe your hands before touching anything dark! It's easy enough to work with, and you don't end up in a cloud of powder as long as you use a bit at a time. I find that I don't need much at all, so I can see this lasting me for a long time to come - I just wish I could see how much was left in the bottle! When this runs out I will be repurchasing this; I haven't used a powder since I was a child and now I'm wondering how I've gone for so many years without using one!

Final verdict: Worth spending the extra money for a good quality dusting powder; especially one that smells this good! Suitable for both adults and babies alike.

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder can be purchased from Feel Unique for £6.25 with free P+P (Although I paid £5.95 for it a few weeks ago - sneaky Feel Unique!)

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment