OPI I Have A Herring Problem

August 15, 2013

OPI I Have A Herring Problem review swatch photo

I recently ended up on the Fragrance Direct website and decided to have a browse through their nail polish section... several pounds and about an hour later my bank account was looking more than a little bit sorry for itself. As many of you know, Fragrance Direct have some great products at massively reduced prices and their reductions often send beauty bloggers into a bit of a frenzy. When I spotted that OPIs were going for just a mere £3.99 a pop, a few landed in my basket and a few days later, on my doorstep.

OPI I Have A Herring Problem review swatch photo

This shade is from OPI's Holland collection for Spring/Summer 2012, and by far and away my most sought after. I bought Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? last year when I went to Amsterdam (for obvious reasons!) and at the time had to whittle down my choices to just the one. Time came and went and I forgot all about it until they popped up on Fragrance Direct. This is a dusty teal creme with a gold/silver shimmer running throughout, that applies and dries completely smooth. The shade that is on the bottle translates perfectly onto the nails - what you see is what you get with this one!

OPI I Have A Herring Problem review swatch photo

Considering that Did You Ear About Van Gogh? made it into my 2012 favourites, I had high hopes for this shade but sadly the polish fell short. It is such a beautiful shade that is let down by a weak formula - believe it or not I needed four coats to get this opaque. Coming from a brand that prides itself on high quality, I was really disappointed in this. Each coat took no longer to dry than I was expecting and the brush is nothing to write home about but fine to work with. Also, despite adding my usual top coat, this had started to show bad nail tip wear within a day, further adding to my disappointment. I'm hoping that the other shade I purchased doesn't show the same qualities!

Selected OPI shades can be bought from Fragrance Direct for £3.99.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment