George Nail Varnish in Indigo Dazzle

July 08, 2013


It's been over three months since I have done a nail polish post - I know, utterly shameful. To tell you the truth, in those months I sort of lost my passion for it. My nails simply weren't growing and I went back to biting them once or twice for no apparent reason. However, last week I was invited out for a meal and had a dress that I wanted to wear, so I decided to paint them to match. The dress was the last one in my birthday haul post, and when I looked through my nail polish collection I was stunned to discover that I didn't have a navy blue polish in sight. However I managed to find this George one and ran with it. It actually turned out to be a perfect match!


This is a very dark nail polish, that is actually a duochrome. In most lights it appears to be royal blue, however if you catch it just right it also shines purple too. It has a shimmery finish but is completely smooth to the touch and I don't forsee having any trouble removing it. The formula for this was okay but not as good as I'd hoped, taking three coats to be completely opaque. However, the drying time was impressively fast so applying the layers turned out to be a doddle. The brush was a little small for my personal liking but still fine to work with.


When all three coats had fully dried, the finish wasn't particularly glossy, but nothing a quick sweep of top coat couldn't sort out. For such a cheap nail polish I was expecting a lot worse than this, but this a good quality polish and the shade is just as stunning on the nails as it is in the bottle. It isn't really a shade that will make a regular appearance on my nails but is a unique shade in my collection nonetheless! I would highly recommend taking a look at the George nail polish range next time you're in an Asda store, they're usually on offer and have an impressive range of shades.

George Nail Varnishes can be purchased from Asda (Either instore or online) for £1.75.

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Does look really pretty and good that even though it was cheap its a pretty decent polish!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to say the least! x

      Delete