Real Techniques Brushes - the next ones to buy?

June 12, 2013


A few months ago (might have been longer than that, actually), some new make up brushes started popping up on my blog feed on a regular basis. They were Real Techniques brushes by the make up artist Samantha Chapman, and they took the beauty world by storm. Everyone has raved about them - talking about how good quality they are, how they are well designed and are built to last. I was interested in them, and read many a post about them but at the time I wasn't in the market for a new set of brushes.

When I first got into make up seriously just over a year ago, I bought this set of brushes for a very reasonable price of about £8. I still use them to this day and I cannot fault them - they're perfect for what I need and for a beginner - which I was - they offer real value for money. (If you'd like a review of them please leave a comment!) However, the time has come now where I want to expand my collection and use some professional quality brushes. With so many Real Techniques brushes out there, I really had no clue where to start and which ones I needed. I knew I wanted a complete set (as in for eyes and face) but that was about it. Then, Real Techniques released a new limited edition "Duo Fiber" set and after reading the reviews that are making their way onto blogs everywhere, I decided that I had to have them! So, with those in mind I think that a good collection to have would include the Core Collection, Duo Fiber Set and Starter Set. Now, in my head these brushes don't come cheap (Other bloggers will beg to differ I'm sure!), but by investing in these I'm hopeful that they will last me for years to come.

What do you think? Would you buy these three sets from Real Techniques if you were looking to completely overhaul your brushes collection? Do you use Real Techniques brushes yourself?

 

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Definitely :) I have the core collection and I love them to pieces :) Favourite brushes ever! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to give them a go! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have the core and the starter set - I would say go with the core collection, personally I get the most use out of it. x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep that in mind, thank you! x

      Delete
  3. i have the core collection and the eye set as well as a few individual brushes from there range and im getting the duo-fibres for my birthday next month :) EXCITED, i would definitely recommend getting the powder brush as its the softest and loveliest brush ive ever used and the blusher brush if you use powder blushes over creams :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Elizabeth! I want to own them all, that's the problem I think! The blusher and powder brush are also high on my list xx

      Delete