Trends I Love (With a twist): Matalan's China Blue collection

April 11, 2013

I was having a bit of a browse on my favourite clothing websites (as you do), mentally filling my wardrobe with all sorts of beautiful items when I clicked onto Matalan's website. I've always been a fan of Matalan - their prices are affordable, their products good quality and they always seem to tick the current fashion trend boxes. On their website they have their own trends section, and their "China Blue" one intrigued me, so off I went to have a look. Needless to say after a quick browse I was hooked - this is definitely a trend that I am desperate to rock in the warmer months! A couple of the items you see below are featured on their dedicated trends page, but I also found a few gems whilst browsing through the rest of the site:

Shift dress, £16

This is the piece that triggered the idea of this post... I am absolutely in love with it! I love how the design is mirrored to give the print a bit of a twist, as well as the length and shape. The different shades and tones of blue keep this dress looking dynamic and much more expensive than it actually is. The gorgeous Danielle recently wore this to Ladies Day at Aintree and it has made me want it all the more!


Beach bag, £6

This is actually described on the site as baroque, and whilst I definitely agree with that I couldn't not include it in this post. Sadly I have no plans to jet off to any sunny beaches this year, but if I were I would definitely be picking this up. From previous experience I know that this bag will be good quality and very durable - you can throw any amount of items in there and it won't pull, snag or become misshapen.

Espadrille pumps, £6 each or 2 for £8

Normally I don't like espadrilles but I have to admit that I like these a lot! For me, this is what a summer shoe should be about - bright, comfy and cute to boot. It's items like these where Matalan really come into their own - how can you argue with the price of these? Obviously they're not meant to be worn every day but for those few precious days of hot sunshine, I will be adding these to my wardrobe.

Vest top, £10

This is quite an unusual take on the China Blue trend and I really like it. Not going down the usual root of trees, birds and the like and using a clean, graphic design really makes this top stand out from the rest. It's more like a nod to the trend, rather than a full-on print which to most can be a bit overpowering. With the majority of the top being plain white, this would make it easy to style - especially on a lazy day!

Brazilian style briefs, £2.50 each or 3 for £6

I wouldn't have thought to include underwear in this, but this pair of briefs were simply too cute to pass up! If you're one who loves to wear pretty underwear you definitely need a pair of these in your collection. Although they don't match exactly, these briefs would look gorgeous with the bra set, or with any other blue/white bras you might already own. Definitely a way to embrace the trend without going overboard!

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Love the dress and the vest top, really loving this trend at the moment, it makes me feel really ladylike for some reason :).

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same here! Can't wait to get hold of some pieces :) x

      Delete
  2. The dress really is gorgeous, and it feels expensive too!
    I'm really loving the China Blue trend, I want all of these pretty things! :)

    Danielle xx
    Danielleyc | UK Beauty, fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked truly stunning on you Danielle! xx

      Delete