All Used Up #7

April 23, 2013

For quite a lot of these, I've had the empty packaging sat in an old JolieBox for a good long while! However I didn't have enough to do a post on until the other day hence why I've kept them back. For all but one, these were all products that "naturally" came to the end of their lives - as in I wasn't making any special effort to use them up. Two products had their packaging thrown away before I could get chance to pop them into the JolieBox so I've just tagged those onto the end. Read on to find out what I thought about my empties this time!


Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser
This lasted me far longer than I expected it to, considering I was using it all over my face twice a day. It smelt absolutely delicious, really fruity, uplifting and not synthetic at all. It sunk well into my skin, making it great for a morning moisturiser. It also didn't make my problem nose area any worse but perhaps wasn't quite moisturising enough for the night time. It also worked out to be a reasonable price when on offer.
Repurchase? Yes.


Boots Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover
I bought this a very long time ago on a whim... I don't think I've ever actively hunted for a particular nail polish remover as I genuinely think they're all the same. However this time I decided to try out an acetone free version to see if it worked as well as the ones containing acetone. It did - I noticed little to no difference between this version and others and didn't leave my nails in better or worse condition.
Repurchase? Yes.


Rituals Fujiyama Mandarin & Mint Foaming Shower Gel Sensation
Oh how I fell in love with this shower gel... it's pure indulgence in a can! I got given this as a freebie when I bought two full sized bottles in the Rituals store in York on my birthday last year. I took this to both Amsterdam and London and it ran out on the second day of my London trip, lasting about 10 washes in all. Full size bottles are expensive but they're so worth it. This particular fragrance smelt absolutely divine!
Repurchase? 100 times yes!


Gillette Satin Care (Dry Skin) Shave Gel
I can't even remember when I purchased this, it was that long ago! I'm not one for shaving my legs on a very regular basis so I'm tempted to say that this lasted me for a good six months or more. I really liked this particular one because it helped stopped my legs from becoming too dry afterwards. I've noticed since I've had to stop using it that the dry skin has returned after shaving so I need to buy some more!
Repurchase? Yes.


Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and pencil in Brownie Points
I've now actually got two of these that I have used up! I bought this first one at the end of October and I think I finished it in January, and my second one I finished last week so it's about 3 months usage from each product. This is my holy grail eyebrow filler; the pencil is the perfect match to my hair colour and applies like a dream, and the pen allows me to fill in any sparse areas without going too overboard.
Repurchase? Yes, already have!


Wild Romantic Body Butter
The above picture doesn't show you how big the pot is, but it was very small! About the size of an average lip balm tub. I found this in the bottom of my bag from the Leeds Blogger Meet Up - I forgot I had it! I used this body butter one night on my legs and I quite liked it. It smelt nice (if not unusual), sunk in quite quickly for a body butter and moisturised my legs well. Shame it was such a small sample!
Repurchase? No.

The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Bath & Shower Gel
This was bought purely because I needed a new shower gel and it was cheap... reduced to £2 for a 200ml bottle if I remember rightly. It had quite an unusual scent in the bottle - not your run-of-the-mill vanilla. However once it was out of the bottle and lathered onto my skin (which it did do very well despite being soap and paraben free), that special quality disappeared and it smelt pretty bland.
Repurchase? No.

KMS California Free Shape Quick Blow Dry
This was a product that I was dying to try out when I spotted it in my Birchbox and it did not disappoint! It was a seperated solution; I had to shake the bottle before spraying onto towel-dried hair. This worked amazingly well as a conditioning and detangling spray and instantly I noticed results, which doesn't often happen to me! My only criticism is that it was used up very quickly, far quicker than my Hot Flex Spray.
Repurchase? Yes.

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment