Trends I Love: Monochrome

February 14, 2013

I think it's time for another one of these posts! I really enjoyed doing this last time. Last post I featured the baroque trend, which was a big hit for the winter season, particularly before Christmas. Now that's done and well behind us there are all new trends afoot, and my new favourite to begin 2013 is monochrome. Easy to style and with millions of choices, this is a fail-safe trend for me. Let's see what is available to buy from the high street for this trend:


ASOS Trousers In Monochrome
£35.00
ASOS

It was so easy for me to fall in love with these - anything that makes my legs look thinner is a winner for me! These are so simple yet so stylish, I could just see beautiful leggy Parisian girls wearing these. These are tailored for a straight leg fit, meaning that the stripe can run straight rather than tapering in at the ankles. Any shoes similar to what the model is wearing in the photo would work well here.


Monochrome Chiffon Top
£12.00
George @ Asda

I am always looking for long tops that skim over any lumps and bumps and I absolutely adore this! The pattern is enough to distract the eye from the areas you'd rather they didn't focus on and it's quite an unusual print too. The sleeves are also a good length, nothing annoys me more than shirt sleeves that are too short! Black, slim leg trousers or jeans (or maybe even leggings) would look great with this top.


Monochrome Abstract Kimono
£8.00
Matalan

In truth I have never looked twice at kimonos before, but this one literally made me do a double take. The pattern is so striking it just caught my eye and I had to have a proper look! This is so reasonably priced and can be worn to add an extra something to a plain outfit or simply just as another layer to block out the cold. Like the top above, it skims over any unsightly problems and seems to flow well.


Printed sheer yoke dress
£38.00
Dorothy Perkins

Dorothy Perkins for me seem to have the best range of dresses, no matter what time of year. Every time I go on the website I find at least one that I really like and this is my pick this time around! The pattern is actually little birds sat on entwined vines and is simply to die for. It looks like a good length too - pretty enough for daytime but also appropriate for an evening out with a few accessories.


Cream Black Trim Collarless Boucle Jacket
£24.99
New Look

Oh I have wanted one of these jackets for the longest time... one day I might get one! When I saw the film Coco Before Chanel, I fell in love with Coco's outfits and this style of jacket in particular. For most they might be deemed a little old fashioned and perhaps not suitable for a younger age but I think with the right styling it definitely could work. I would wear this perhaps with the dress above!

 

Related Posts

Leave a comment