New Jewellery Storage

January 22, 2013

Last week, I wrote about my new daily make up storage, which you can find here. In the post I said I would also show you my new jewellery storage, and here it is! I did used to keep all of my jewellery in the IKEA drawers, the bottom one to be exact and if I'm honest it was never practical. It all became a jumble sale far too quickly and I longed for something a bit more easy to navigate.


If you're thinking that this jewellery box looks similar to my make up caddy, you would be right! That's because this also came from Lakeland - my mum picked it up in the sale for half price, and as such I believe it is now discontinued. It might still be available in store but I'm really not sure to be honest... sorry! Moving on, this jewellery box has a flip top, unlocked by squeezing two pads on the front. There is also the option of locking the box with a key, if you wanted to keep any expensive jewellery in it or perhaps something private! The handle to me is a bit redundant as I don't plan on moving it about, but perhaps there is someone out there who would?!


Once open, the lid has a large mirror inside; which is useful for putting fiddly earrings in and checking how they look. The box itself is split into several compartments. The top "layer" if you will has space for earrings, a small grip section for rings and a little well for other assorted nicknacks. The middle "layer" is a shallow drawer, where I keep my rings. The bottom and final "layer" is a deeper drawer that contains my bracelets. The bit you see peeping out at the bottom is the front flap of the box, which goes up and in front of the drawers and closes the box.


This is the top "layer" - you can see how the little lid lifts up, revealing some space inside for little trinkets. I have some badges that I still haven't gotten around to putting on a jacket, and also some big dangle earrings that took up a bit too much space in the designated earrings section. In that section, the vertical panels lift out and have four holes in each, meaning you can put two pairs of earrings on each one. In the wells created by these panels is where the majority of my earrings are.


The middle "layer" I initially wasn't so sure about; I didn't think anything I had would fit in there. However, despite the drawer being quite shallow it manages to fit the majority of my big, chunky rings with no trouble at all. Some of them do have to be on their sides, but this really isn't a problem for me and is certainly better than my previous arrangement! I actually have quite a lot of room to spare in this drawer, which is good as I did worry that I was going to completely fill it. I only had two rings that were too chunky to fit into the drawer, so they have been put into the ring grip on the top "layer".


I'm never normally one for wearing bracelets, but I seem to have acquired quite a few! I'm all about the big, chunky bracelets when I do wear them (much like my rings if I'm honest), so being able to fit them all into this bottom "layer" drawer was an impressive feat. Whereas the drawer above it was split into two, I'm glad that this one wasn't - otherwise my bracelets wouldn't have been able to fit in! Again, I still have some room to spare in this drawer to accommodate future purchases.

Like my make up caddy, this box is perfect for my needs. Now all of my jewellery is in one place, is easily accessible and it looks pretty and tasteful too! I do like the fact that it is quite a simple design - all too often jewellery boxes come across as "childish", and I would have been the first one to say so. However, I have been proved wrong and it seems that having something like this can keep at least some of your jewellery in decent order.

Do you have a jewellery box? Would you ever buy one if not?

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Hello!! I'm a new follower :) :) LOOOVE the box - it's gorgeous!! Looks so pretty with all your jewelry in it.
    Can't wait to read more :)
    HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you very much for following! Glad you like my little box :) x

      Delete