Review: Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer

July 20, 2012

As a huge fan of Soap & Glory's skincare range, it was only a matter of time before I ventured into their cosmetics range. In all honesty I hadn't paid much attention to it until Miss Budget Beauty reviewed this concealer quite a while ago (click here to view the post). I had some Boots Advantage points to spend so picked this up for free - well, pretty much, anyway! So what do I think of the Kick Ass Concealer?


This is a different concealer for me - I always buy the stick versions, but have found them too thick to work under my eyes. They always crease and look hideously unattractive, but didn't know what would work instead. This is a little compact concealing kit with three steps - under eye, redness and setting powder with a little mirror. It's perfect for popping into your handbag (which I always do now) and for travelling. The kit itself feels really well made and is surprisingly good quality to say that you can buy it from Boots!


The concealer itself is very creamy, quite thick but not nearly as thick as stick versions. I apply both shades of the concealer with my fingertip; patting it on and then patting further to blend it in. I have tried blending it with a brush, but I find that patting it on gives a more natural look. In the pan it looks like you don't get much product at all, but a little goes a surprisingly long way here. I've been using this concealer every day for about two weeks and have barely made a dent in the product.


The pink toned under-eye concealer is exactly what I was looking for - it's a perfect match for my skin tone, it brightens my under-eye area and conceals dark circles. I did forget to put on the setting powder one day and did find that it creased a little, but with the powder there is no creasing at all. Talking of the powder, I think that it is an absolute essential in this kit. It does appear to be very light in the pan and when first applied to the face, but it blends out beautifully and just helps to bring it all together. It of course prevents shine as well as setting the concealer which is just another bonus to this little kit!


The yellow toned redness concealer I would imagine works on the colour opposites rule. In truth, the opposite of red is green, and I would go as far to say that this concealer definitely leans towards the green end of the spectrum. This is ideal for covering spots, and works well for redness that I get around my jawline. However, I still intend to use a stick concealer in the jawline area as the redness is quite extensive and I need a lot of concealer; if I used Soap & Glory's at quite the rate that I get through the stick versions, it would be an expensive regime to keep up! So, the Kick Ass concealer is currently being saved for blemishes and spots, as and when they appear.

Final verdict: A neat all-in-one concealing kit, with a particularly good under-eye concealer. I will definitely be purchasing this one again should I ever run out!

Kick Ass Concealer can be found in Boots for £10.

 

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. I love the S&G concealer, it's my favourite!

    dp
    x
    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! :)

    ReplyDelete