Review: Clinique Chubby Sticks in Super Strawberry & Chunky Cherry

July 09, 2012

You saw me talk about these in this post a little while ago; at the time I said that I couldn't justify spending so much on what is essentially a lip balm, however much I liked them. Recently though, there was a staff sale where I work and when I saw that these were available, I just couldn't resist! I managed to snap these up for just over £10.50 each, which is still quite expensive but a massive saving compared to the high street!


These Chubby Sticks have been the subject of heavy advertising, and as far as I am aware they are the first of their kind. These are tinted lip balms in a pencil form, coming in a range of 16 shades. They don't need to be sharpened; they twist up from the base when needed and make the whole process of keeping your lips moisturised a lot less messier and a whole lot easier!


As you would expect with a range so large, it took me a while to decide which colours to pick. I did intend on buying only one, but seeing as this sale was very limited and the idea is to mix two shades together, I picked up the shades Super Strawberry and Chunky Cherry. Super Strawberry was applied to me before in Debenhams, and whilst I was tempted to pick up Cotton Candy, they appeared too similar when swatched and for the price it seemed right to pick up two different shades.


It's safe to say that you get what you're paying for when you're buying Clinique, and these Chubby Sticks are no different. They are very soft, don't drag when applied to the lips and are very moisturising. These are the first lip balms that I have tried that have actually left my lips feeling soft after it has worn off - and I've tried a lot of lip balms! Talking of wearing off, these last for an hour or so; but due to their nature it isn't particularly noticeable and dooesn't clump or otherwise look unpleasant.


In terms of pigmentation, these actually surprised me. With one sweep across the lips, the colour isn't very noticeable at all. However, this can be built up and after a few sweeps it gives your lips a nice flush of colour. I have tried these two shades mixed together and like the result, but I have to admit that my favourite has to be Super Strawberry - it's like my lip colour but better and has a permanent place in my handbag!

Final verdict: High quality, intensely moisturising lip balms that do as they say on the tin. However, I still think that they are too expensive for what they are and it might be worth waiting to see if these go on offer in the future.

Clinique Chubby Sticks are sold in all good department stores for £16 each.

 

Related Posts

3 comments

  1. Thank you. I'll take a look at your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews! I'm getting a chubby stick but only with my boots advantage card points! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Probably the best thing to do to be honest! xx

      Delete