All Used Up #6

February 06, 2013

I seem to be doing these kind of posts every two months... maybe I should make it a bimonthly thing? This time it seemed to take forever to use these products up, a couple of them I actively wanted to finish up whereas others, not so much. Weirdly I have managed to finish up two products of each from hair, skin and bath/shower products! Keep reading to find out what I thought of each product.


Good Things Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser
This was a product I really enjoyed using! I was looking for another cream cleanser, as they seem to benefit my skin the most and this one fit the bill pretty well. It smelt lovely and fruity - not synthetic at all, which is a rarity! It did a very good job of removing all of my make up, even around the eye area and left my skin feeling clean and refreshed. However it did dry out my skin a little.
Repurchase? Yes, probably.


Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It
This was one of the first products I ever reviewed on this blog! You might remember me saying at the time that I hoped it would help sort out the problem skin around my nose. Whilst it seemed to work at first, I think it was actually too harsh for my skin and dried my nose out, which is not a particularly good idea believe it or not! I don't think in the long run it made it any worse, but it didn't make it better either.
Repurchase? No.


Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion
This came as part of a JolieBox some months ago. At the time I wasn't quite sure about it, and now that I've finished using it I'm still not sure what it's actually for! It didn't condition my hair in any way, didn't help it dry any quicker, didn't straighten it and seemed to offer no benefits at all. It also felt sticky on my hands, which was a pain to remove - although it did disappear into my hair easily enough.
Repurchase? No.


Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Shower Gel Sensation
Well that's a bit of a mouthful! Quite a while ago now I finished up the Yogi Flow one that I got with a GlossyBox, and on my birthday last year I went into the Rituals shop in York and picked up another, and this one as well. It smells just like cherries and is the best foaming shower gel I've ever used - a little goes a long, long way! I used this sparingly, but even though I was still sad to finish it up.
Repurchase? Yes, definitely!


Soap & Glory Clean On Me
I can't even remember when I bought this... which probably shows how long it's lasted me for! It has the signature Soap & Glory scent that we all love, and claims to moisturise your skin as well as cleanse it. I used this with my shower puff (also from S&G) and again, a little goes a long way. It did leave my skin feeling soft, but probably not enough to skip moisturiser if I could be bothered to do that every day!
Repurchase? Yes.


Shockwaves Tame It! Smoothing Mousse
This made it into a monthly favourites post not so long ago, and it was not long after that I managed to finish this up. I'd had it sat in my drawer for literally years - since before I had my hair cut short, which ws nearly three years ago! They don't make this anymore which is a shame, because it worked really well at smoothing down my hair and holding that in place, as well as protecting my hair against heat damage.
Repurchase? I would if they still made it!

 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I've never used mousse before as I'm actually not really sure what it's for... haha. Would love some tips about how you use it? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use it on damp hair... the easiest way I've found is to squirt it along a comb and then brush that through my hair. Gets it through all evenly then :) If it's a curling mousse then just scrunch it into the ends... that's about it really! xx

      Delete