Outfit of the Day: Scarlett & Jo

January 28, 2016

Scarlett & Jo 2 in 1 Floral Dress, Leeds Fashion BloggerScarlett & Jo 2 in 1 Floral Dress review, Leeds Fashion Blogger

Dress: Scarlett & Jo
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Deichmann
Bracelet: Martin James
Rings: Pandora
Watch: Watchshop

Do you have that one item in your wardrobe, that you know that you can fall back on when you have "nothing to wear"? I have a feeling that this dress is going to be one of them. Admittedly, it's a tad dressy for day-to-day wear, but I find that I struggle the most when it comes to events and other occasions. This dress, called the "2 in 1 Floral Dress", is from Scarlett & Jo, who have been in trouble with bloggers recently. I do not support or condone their actions towards bloggers in any way, and it is with some trepidation that I'm writing this post at all. It just saddens me when a brand that has gotten to where they are because of bloggers, turns around and basically stabs them in the back for all their hard work. I know quite a few people who have been personally affected by the situation, and I don't like to see that happen. That being said, I still appreciate their designs and high quality clothing; I bought this dress before the majority of the situation came to light, and it made me feel good when I tried it on, so I kept it. Will I buy from Scarlett & Jo again? Who knows. It's hard to say.

Moving on; I have been after one of these "2 in 1" dresses for quite some time - probably for about a year, in fact. I have tried to keep an eye on their sales in the past to snatch one up, but whenever they've been reduced, I've always missed them! They recently ran a 50% off deal across their entire range, and I had a look on their website to see if, by chance, they had any of these styles. It turns out that they had this beauty in stock in my size, and it was down to £32.50 from £65; with free next day delivery too, it was too good a deal to pass up. It is not in the colours I would usually go for, but I figured that if it fitted right and made me feel good, then it would be worth keeping. I tried it on as soon as it arrived, and I instantly fell in love. I ordered my regular size 16, and it fits me beautifully. I was surprised to find that the sleeves are generously sized; usually I struggle with clothing that have tighter arms but fit perfectly everywhere else, so this made a nice change. It features a wide, elasticated waistband that really helps to pull you in and give you the classic "hourglass" figure with a more defined waist; something that I've not seen on me for quite some time! I worried that it was going to feel uncomfortable, but it feels much like a pair of shaping underwear; holding you in, but not digging in at all.

Back of Scarlett & Jo 2 in 1 Floral Dress, Leeds Fashion BloggerSkirt detail of Scarlett & Jo 2 in 1 Floral Dress, Leeds Fashion Blogger

However, the star of the show has to be the skirt; with a gorgeous print, it's floaty and voluptous, and all the better for it. In the pictures I am pulling it out a bit to show it off, but on it's own it still has a lovely shape, and is the perfect length for me, too. The fabric is very light, meaning that it can have a lining and a petticoat underneath and not be too bulky, which can often be the case with designs like these. After not being so sure about the print at first, I have really come around to it; it just goes to show that you should try things that you wouldn't normally, as you may end up loving them! The detail in the print is incredible, and the colours all compliment each other beautifully. Despite the bright colours, this dress is so easy to wear and I know that I will be getting it out time and time again. The stretch jersey top also helps to make it extremely comfortable, too, which plays a big factor in what I wear these days. It's hassle free, and that's exactly what I like in an outfit.

The shoes featured in this post are an old favourite of mine; I've had them since mid-2014 and they still serve me very well. They're not leather, but they barely have a mark on them and for heeled shoes, I find them very comfortable to wear. They also go with everything, even jeans, and so I don't think I could ever let them go! For jewellery, I wore a bracelet that I got for Christmas from Martin James; I came across it at work, and it caught my eye because it matches my Pandora ring pretty much exactly. It has barely left my wrist ever since - I'm sorry that I didn't manage to include a better photo, but I will try and remember to include one in my next outfit post! My watch and rings are the same as usual, from Casio and Pandora, and like my new bracelet I am hardly ever seen without them. I had intended to wear a necklace with this outfit, but completely forgot to pick one up and as such, had to go without. Something small and dainty would work well here, to show off the sweetheart neckline. This dress does not need many accessories at all (you could get away without any, even), which makes it a great option for a last-minute event, or in my case - when you simply don't know what else to wear!

Related Posts

Leave a comment